1. GEBY – Engineer A Great Morning
Adopt this process for your morning routine to get more out of your day:
G: Be grateful for seemingly small things in your life.
E: Make exercise a priority (and not just in a gym).
B: Eat a healthy breakfast.
Y: Do something just for you. (E.g. Go to your favorite restaurant)
Why not go for a gratitude walk? Here’s How To Walk With Gratitude.
- Walk alone if possible (you can’t think if you’re chatting to a friend).
- Find a peaceful location to walk in with minimal distractions or people around. The more literal space you have, the more breathing space you’ll have and the more freeing the walk will be.
- Take a notepad and pen so you can jot down a list of 10 things you are completely grateful for. Feel that gratitude then walk on. Also jot down any ideas about projects to pursue or actions to take.
- Take a deep breath in for five and out for five and notice your surroundings. Keep your head up as you walk. Look around you, breath it all in, then let those creative thoughts flow.
- Create the time to walk regularly. Just 15 minutes per day or even every other day will have a positive impact on your life.
2. Remove Excess Fat From Your Life
“Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
Get rid of one item from your home every week. It’s too easy to become attached to our possessions even when we haven’t been putting them to use for years!
The Endowment Effect: http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Endowment_effect
3. Priorities Your Health
“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
To be good at anything, first you have to get yourself in to full working order. Your mind controls your body which controls the actions you will need to take to develop your life and business, and so making sure you’re running optimally should be your first port of call.
4. What Can You Achieve In 15 Minutes (Find Your One Thing)
As the saying goes, every journey starts with a single step. When you’re trying to create or build your business it’s easy to overwhelm yourself with the road that lies ahead. By focusing on what you can achieve the next 15 minutes or the one thing that will take you a single step closer to where you want to be reduces the friction caused by fear and gets the momentum going.
Check out Jerry Seinfeld’s “Don’t Break The Chain” Productivity Hack
Book Recommendation: The One Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results
5. Join The 5am Club
“I never knew a man come to greatness or eminence who lay abed late in the morning.” – Johnathan Swift
I haven’t yet adopted the early morning wakes ups but it’s definitely something I want to try seeing as my most productive times of the day is both morning and late at night. It’s important that you factor in your early start with your earlier bedtime to make sure you’re still getting a healthy 7-8 hours of sleep.
6. Take Part in The Rejection Olympics
“If you’re uncomfortable, you’re growing. When you are failing, it means you pushed yourself to do something you thought you couldn’t do”
It’s so important that entrepreneurs can bounce back from rejection after rejection as it’s a part of life and growth. I recently attempted some Rejection Therapy myself. I have to say I was proper sh*tting it when my girlfriend challenged me to ask for a discount on a newspaper because it had a creased corner. I instantly felt sick in my stomach and my legs felt as if they were going to give way. It’s amazing what fear does to the body. Anyway I did the challenge…
VERDICT: “No, but worth asking.”
It wasn’t that bad, I survived. I will definitely continue challenging myself to embrace rejection and you should too!
Do you do any of the above already? What lifestyle hacks have been most productive for you? Please share your answers in the comments below!
Successful Start Ups, Millions Lost and Everything In-Between: Inside the Mind of Noah Kagan from AppSumo
Noah Kagan: Genius Marketer On Why He Got Fired by Facebook and Made Millions Anyways
Noah Kagen: What It’s Like to Lose $100 Million at Facebook